3 replies to this topic

#1 Randj

Randj

• User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:53 AM

Hi,

We are an audio-visual equipment service provider. My business became the victim of phishing and lost some data and money. I am searching for a good security solutions company. I came across this blog on tips to safeguard against phishing. (http://www.billfixer...d-online-fraud/). We are trying to replace our security top to bottom. I would appreciate suggestions on a good tool for cyber security. 

Thanks.

#2 stephen.horvath

stephen.horvath

• User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

Hi Randj,

I've been at Telos Corporation for over 10 years working with clients on Governance, Risk and Compliance mainly focused on the Federal Government and heavily regulated industries (Energy, Banking & Finance, etc).  We provide IT GRC software to manage Risk and Compliance as well as consulting services to help build secure architectures for the enterprise.  Please feel free to give me a call and I'd be happy to discuss.

https://www.telos.com/cyber-security/

Steve Horvath

VP - Strategy & Vision

Telos Corporation

(202) 492-5256

• Randj likes this

#3 Greg Witte

Greg Witte

• Administrators
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hi, Randy! Thanks for joining us!

The company I'm part of (G2) is a small business here in the states, and I know that none of us has money to just give away to the bad guys. I'm sorry to hear your org fell prey to rotten criminals.

Your note mentioned that you're looking at security tools and trying to replace security "top to bottom". Tools are important, and you might need a complete rebuild, but I would encourage you to take a look at the Cybersecurity Framework (or CSF) that CForum is organized around.

The CSF was built by thousands of security teammates around the world, looking to find ways to deal with attacks like the ones you mentioned. We found that none of us have resources to just randomly throw at the problem, so we have to prioritize understanding of what needs to be done to protect what's really important to each company, then select the right tools to accomplish those priority outcomes.

If you'd like to learn more about CSF, it's available here, and there's a supporting site at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework. The industry resources page there has dozens of links to examples of how other organizations are already using it. Meanwhile, we have some free templates that might help get you started - please feel free to PM me via the CForum or drop me a note at greg.witte <at> g2-inc.com.

Best wishes,

Greg Witte

• Randj likes this

#4 Randj

Randj

• User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

Hi, Randy! Thanks for joining us!

The company I'm part of (G2) is a small business here in the states, and I know that none of us has money to just give away to the bad guys. I'm sorry to hear your org fell prey to rotten criminals.

Your note mentioned that you're looking at security tools and trying to replace security "top to bottom". Tools are important, and you might need a complete rebuild, but I would encourage you to take a look at the Cybersecurity Framework (or CSF) that CForum is organized around.

The CSF was built by thousands of security teammates around the world, looking to find ways to deal with attacks like the ones you mentioned. We found that none of us have resources to just randomly throw at the problem, so we have to prioritize understanding of what needs to be done to protect what's really important to each company, then select the right tools to accomplish those priority outcomes.

If you'd like to learn more about CSF, it's available here, and there's a supporting site at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework. The industry resources page there has dozens of links to examples of how other organizations are already using it. Meanwhile, we have some free templates that might help get you started - please feel free to PM me via the CForum or drop me a note at greg.witte <at> g2-inc.com.

Best wishes,

Greg Witte

Oh, that link  was very helpful.  And,  I will be training the staffs on identifying spams and refrain from clicking on suspicious links. 

Thanks guys for your inputs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 users, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users