Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

What kind of CMS would be secure and suitable for a shopping website

#2 Greg Witte

Greg Witte

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

Hi, Frank!

I'm more of a process/policy person, so I don't know a lot about eCommerce platforms and went searching to learn more. I came across many sites, most of them ads for their particular platform, but I learned a lot from http://www.toptenreviews.com/business/internet/best-content-management-system-software/.

I wasn't so much interested in their particular reviews, but I wanted to see what they used to measure "Security" aspects of a CMS.  In your searching, some of those aspects might be useful in finding the right fit:

• Can you manage privileges in a granular way so that, if something goes wrong, the bad guy doesn't get all the keys to the kingdom?
  • Does the CMS support well-established certificates and encryption models?
  • Does it provide ways to confirm that there's a real human on the other end, without being too intrusive?
  • Are there good logging & auditing methods to help you detect bad behavior, or at least understand what went wrong after an attack?

Hopefully others can chime in with more specific suggestions, but I think one of my next steps would be to find specific security requirements that could be included in the search.

Happy hunting!

Greg

#3 Phil Wilson

Phil Wilson

• User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

I'd suggest looking into the superlative Drupal architecture which is especially strong in the areas of integration and extensibility, or if you'd prefer check out an e-commerce platform that uses Drupal 7 as an underlying infrastructure: cloudnet360.com. The latter will save you a lot of development dollars!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 users, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users