To choose right CMS

Hi, Frank!

I'm more of a process/policy person, so I don't know a lot about eCommerce platforms and went searching to learn more. I came across many sites, most of them ads for their particular platform, but I learned a lot from http://www.toptenreviews.com/business/internet/best-content-management-system-software/.

I wasn't so much interested in their particular reviews, but I wanted to see what they used to measure "Security" aspects of a CMS.  In your searching, some of those aspects might be useful in finding the right fit:

• Can you manage privileges in a granular way so that, if something goes wrong, the bad guy doesn't get all the keys to the kingdom?
  • Does the CMS support well-established certificates and encryption models?
  • Does it provide ways to confirm that there's a real human on the other end, without being too intrusive?
  • Are there good logging & auditing methods to help you detect bad behavior, or at least understand what went wrong after an attack?

Hopefully others can chime in with more specific suggestions, but I think one of my next steps would be to find specific security requirements that could be included in the search.

Happy hunting!

I'd suggest looking into the superlative Drupal architecture which is especially strong in the areas of integration and extensibility, or if you'd prefer check out an e-commerce platform that uses Drupal 7 as an underlying infrastructure: cloudnet360.com. The latter will save you a lot of development dollars!